The envy of the neighborhood! At least we'll be dry when it rains, and shaded and cool when the torturous summer sun is out. We plan to continue the projects with extra decking on the side of the room, and maybe even a second balcony level above that to accomodate all of the people who want to hang with the popular guys...
Celebrating after a productive afternoon of construction.
Quick break for the camera while trying to get the structure level.
Getting the supports attached. We anchored into the Force Protection Barriers across from our room.
Isaac and I set out to build an overhang for the Porch today. We got caught in a rainy deluge the other night trying to get the key inserted into the lock of our door, all the while getting poured on. I decided it was high time to build ourselves some cover.

4 comments:
Wow, you guys did a great job! I can see why everyone else wants one too. Also thank you for the people pictures!!
Yes, it is good to see that you are alive and well (and now dry) from these pictures. I can see why you are so popular.
Hope you had a great birthday inspite of being a zillion miles from home.
It is so good to see YOU in the pictures! Wonderful construction job! By the way, what is a "Force Protection Barrier"? I think I might be able to guess from the name. What is it made out of? And we pray it works well!!! Love you. Madre'
You can guess from the name what a FP Barrier is. These are made from a bunch of dirt in a structure that contains it just as you see. They aren't pretty but are effective nonetheless.
Post a Comment