Friday, August 31, 2007

Desert Aviating






The airplanes were pulled out of the hangar for a Barbecue when this pic was taken. The BBQ was fun, plenty of mediocre burgers, chips and "Near Beer" to go around, but a good picture of the airplanes nosed together like this is worth more than all of the "N.A." St. Pauli Girl that I can get my hands on. And BBQ's just aren't as much fun without a couple of quality Non-Non Alcoholic beverages to go with it.
___________________________________________________________________







Okay, so I'm not "aviating" at this particular moment. Patrick and Isaac are up front sharing the responsibilities inherent to our profession. I'm just along for the ride on this leg. Besides, on this particular day, I already had enjoyed several hours of flying in the flight levels (not something I get to do very often anymore) as well as a local training flight. So I've had my workout for the day and am more than ready to kick back and let the guys take the wheel for the return trip to the Island. As is quite apparent, the temperatures were somewhere in the 120's that afternoon. The airplane got a bit warmer than that while sitting and baking on the ramp, so we engage the Air Conditioning as expeditiously as possible. By that time though, we were already getting used to the misery of the heat. But the Aloha spirit spreads anyway prompting this candid since we know we have completed a full days work and are going home.
___________________________________________________________________







A quick shot of the tail of one of our planes framed by another one of our spectacular sunsets. I missed the perfect timing on this one since I didn't have my camera ready to go. I particularly enjoy the sunsets here since the sun is not necessarily a nice thing to have beating down on you in this part of the world.

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

You are at it again! I don't know what has gotten in to you, but I do enjoyed looking at an updated blog! Good work and good luck in the heat. You must be used to it, or there would be no smiles to be had.

Marci said...

GREAT PICTURES!!! Love the sunset one! But, to see that smile on your face (which we miss so much by the way) "warms" my heart! Love you so much! Madre'