
Fortunately it turned out well. But we still had to hike out. I won't drop names, but that's the last time I'll let that guy drive this section of "road."

Hummvee to the rescue. I was happy until the Soldier mentioned that he had gotten stuck on the same road the week before in his "all terrain" Hummvee.

Mike and I working the angles with the only tools we had...still didn't work

Okay, so we got slowed down by this sand/dust mixture that's a good two feet deep...and then buried the front axle in it...so much for GMC 4x4's. So the passengers get to do the digging. I guess we missed the Army course requiring us to carry our E2 entrenching tools with us. They would have come in handy.

3 comments:
Get yer truck stuck...that's funny Babes :) Looks fun!
I don't know about fun. Looks a little scary to me, all that sand going off into nothingness! What do you use for landmarks? Stuck trucks!!
Those trees on the left are about the only natural landmark around. It's all pretty flat and dusty. We found a better short cut with a much lower chance of getting stuck. It's not as fun of a ride, but gets us to work just as quick.
Post a Comment